What is Video Marketing?
Video marketing is one of the best ways to promote your business, your website and your products and services. Video marketing simply means including videos as part of your marketing campaign much the same way as you include brochures. The difference is the videos are available on your website and other locations on the Internet.
Many people would prefer to watch a short video about your business, service and/or products rather than read. Nowadays, YouTube is actually being used as a “search engine”, in fact, YouTube ranks in position #3 on the Internet (Google is #1).
There are a few things that will happen when you have a video or videos on your website.
- People will generally watch a video
- A video will keep people on your website longer which is good for your ranking with Google
- Google owns YouTube so you are getting an important link to your site
- You can see how many people have watched your video
- Having video helps to establish you and your business as an authority in your market
Now the videos themselves don’t need to be high cost or state of the art quality. They can be done quite inexpensively and when done properly will still give your business a professional look.
True to the saying, “A picture is worth a thousand words,” with videos you have the ability to use dialogue, photos, diagrams, clipart, animations, short video clips within your video, PowerPoint presentations along with your logo and the logos of the products you sell or promote.
There are a number of ways to use videos on your website.
- You can begin with a welcome message that highlights a quick overview as to what your business is all about.
- You can use videos to explain different products and services you provide.
- You can have a “featured product” that you have on special or that your company is introducing into the market.
- You can post videos on your blog to keep your website fresh.
- When you do an email marketing campaign you can provide a link to the video on your website.
- You can post your video on other sites such as your business’s Facebook page, Google Places, Blogger, etc.
- If you have a supplier that has made videos about the products you sell you can include them on your site.
The videos themselves would be hosted by YouTube so your website would have what is called an embedded link from YouTube. There are also a number of other websites that your video can be uploaded to which gives you even more websites linking back to your website.
Video marketing has become essential to any business and is an absolutely awesome way to create credibility, authority and backlinks to grow your business.