Best Advice Ever on Making Money Online
Welcome to another article on Freelancing Skills! This article is going to talk about what we believe to be the best advice ever on making money online. We’re going to focus on two things:
1. You Can Make Money Online!
2. You Should Not Be Lied To Online!
There are so many websites promoting products that are misleading at best and an outright lie at worst. With such a load of misinformation online, it is tough to find people who can truly be trusted. I can’t even tell you how many times I have been online researching a website or product and come to a great review about it only to get to the bottom and have something like, “This product is a scam! Go try <Insert Other Likely Scam Product Here>!” come up.
The best way to protect yourself from being taken advantage of online is to arm yourself with knowledge. The first piece of knowledge that so many lack is the actual definition of the word “scam”. According to Merriam Webster’s dictionary, a scam is “a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation”.
Unfortunately, many online reviewers are entirely too quick to scream “Scam!!” at a product. Think of somebody in real life who doesn’t like putting effort into things but does like seeing result. In other words, think of that person who likes a free hand out and will complain if he or she doesn’t get one. I’d be willing to bet that nearly every person reading right now knows of such a person who will badmouth anything at any opportunity regardless of whether the criticism is deserved. Keep your eyes peeled for these types of people who scream “Scam!” at anything.
Chances are, you’re here because you want to work from home via the Internet to make money. If you don’t, you won’t make it. You will never get something for nothing and success comes as the result of hard work and effort that has paid off. While this might seem like common sense to most of you, consider the fact that so many of these advertisements draw in people by telling them that they can do almost nothing and use marketing or advertising systems to make huge amounts of money in their sleep.
Now use your common sense. If you went into an office and somebody who you didn’t know told you that you could make a six-figure salary in your sleep, what would you think? Most people would be sceptical. It would take more than a simple video or product spiel on a webpage to convince them. They would want to check around for user reviews and see who the people were offering them this and what kind of a reputation the company had.
This is normal and healthy scepticism! Most consumers wouldn’t even walk into a grocery store and buy a relatively cheap cleaning product without first reading reviews to see if it would work well to fulfil their needs; why then do so many of these same people get tricked into handing over large chunks of money without first knowing what they are getting for it!?
To conclude, here is a list of things that you should keep in mind while browsing these reviews:
1. Use Common Sense
– This alone will be the best defense against scams that you will ever have. You will never get something for nothing, and if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
2. Know What You’re Buying BEFORE You Pay!
– So many people make the mistake of realizing they’ve walked into a monetary trap only after they hand over their money. Don’t be one of those people! This tip goes hand in hand with #3. If you research well enough, you can feel confident that you are making a choice that will benefit you and meet your needs. Additionally, you should never spend any money that you could not afford to lose. There is inherent risk in most things in life, and this is no exception!
3. Read Every Word You Can Find
– Each and every website has some kind of small print whether it is just to tell who the copyright company is or to give huge sections of terms and conditions and disclaimers. Read every single word of this! Read every online review you can find! The Internet may enable the dishonest to lie and take advantage of its users easily but it also easily allows you to do your due diligence and research everything you can before you make a purchase!
4. Know Your Needs
– It’s highly unlikely that you would ever go into an office to find a job and have no idea what it is you’re searching for. It will help you vastly if you know beforehand what exactly you are looking for in an opportunity. Also, realize that what is right for somebody else may not be right for you. For example, I will use myself. To those astute with marketing and selling products, Job Opportunity A could be an effortless way to make money. I am not at all astute in these areas and do not want to put in the time to improve myself, so Job Opportunity A will likely be a dead end for me. That does not mean that Job Opportunity A is a scam; it just wasn’t the right thing for me.
5. Don’t Be Overly Skeptical!
– While I feel it is my job to help my readers be objective and take everything they see at face value, it is not my job to make you all so sceptical and ornery that you actually miss an excellent opportunity!
It is entirely possible to use the Internet to work from home and make money! You just have to find a way that is going to meet your needs and fit your budget.
If you want more great tips on